Table of contents
Are you ready to get all the information you need to understand about your 17th week of pregnancy? If this is your first pregnancy, keep following our pregnancy week by week series to get your weekly guide of pregnancy symptoms, what’s happening in your pregnant belly, as well as your weekly pregnancy checklist. Here’s your pregnancy guide for 17 weeks pregnant:
17 weeks pregnant symptoms
Your 17 weeks pregnancy symptoms can include stress or anxiety as the excitement of pregnancy starts to wear off and the realization of the responsibilities ahead start to dawn. Take the time to enjoy your pregnancy and take things one step at a time to reduce stress and anxiety. Here are several other 17 weeks pregnant symptoms you can be feeling:
- Fatigue or difficulty sleeping
- Swollen gums
- Pain on the side of the belly
- Sore or tender breasts
- Leg cramps
- Swollen limbs
- Vaginal infections
- Oily skin
- Thick and shiny hair
- Glowing skin
17 weeks pregnant belly
At 17 weeks, your baby is growing inside you and is currently the size of a pomegranate or an onion. Your baby now weighs around 150 g and is almost 12 cm long. At 17 weeks pregnant, here are your baby’s developments:
- Your baby will be able to start moving their eyes even though it is still currently closed.
- Your baby will be able to hear loud noises and react.
- Your baby can now open and close their mouth.
- Your baby’s fingernails will start to grow.
As for your 17-week pregnant belly, your waist definition will start to disappear as a result of the uterus moving upward out of the pelvis. Your bump will be a lot more recognizable as it is normal to gain between 2-5 kg. It can get a lot more difficult to sleep comfortably as the uterus grows and that’s why many pregnant women resort to sleeping pillows to help make them more comfortable.
17 weeks pregnancy checklist
Your 17 weeks pregnancy checklist will include the following:
- Stick to comfortable, flat shoes to help with your balance and swollen feet.
- Look into pregnancy pillows to help you be more comfortable while sleeping.
- Schedule a prenatal massage if you’re feeling body aches or discomfort.
- Start doing pelvic floor exercises.
- Exercises on a regular basis.
- Make sure you’re following a healthy, balanced diet.
- Start applying creams to prevent stretch marks.
- What Happens If I’m Pregnant After 40
- Benefits of Kegel Exercise During Pregnancy
- Top 10 Pregnancy Pillows for a Good Night’s Sleep
Sources used in this article:
- Week by week guide to pregnancy – NHS
- 17 Weeks Pregnant – Flo Health
- Your pregnancy week by week – Web MD
- 17 Weeks Pregnant – Pampers
- 17 weeks pregnant: Symptoms, tips and more – Healthline