Table of contents
Spending the whole day at the beach can be filled with too much routine for the kids after a while. That’s why beach games are essential to ensure your little ones are entertained and having fun at the beach. You can divide your beach time into swimming, making sand castles and also these family beach games that will help add laughter and good memories to your summer holiday:
One of the best games to play on the beach involves nothing else but a pair of wooden rackets and a ball. It’s perfect to make into a tournament, get some exercise in, and enjoy your time at the beach with family and kids. You can also use the little ones as ball boys, making use of as many family members as possible.
Water bucket relay
Races have always been a competitive and fun way to keep the kids busy and entertained. All you need to do is:
- Divide the kids into two teams.
- Place two large buckets for each time.
- Have each child take turns filling up their cups from the sea and pouring it into a bucket.
- The first team who fills up the bucket wins.
Beach ball race
There’s so much you can do with a beach ball apart from playing catch. In this game, you can have the children race each other on the beach, by sitting on the ball and trying to reach the finish line.
If you have many family members, a beach volley game can be a lot of fun.
- Divide members into two teams.
- Draw a line on the sand with a stick to mark each side’s territory and use a beach ball to play.
- The team that drops the ball on their turf loses a point.
Limbo beach dance
Put some music on at the beach and let’s get this party started! Limbo dancing is always a lot of fun but on the beach.
- Have two members hold a towel or string a few feet apart.
- Put some music on and take turns trying to limbo dance beneath the string without touching it or falling to the floor.
- After all the members have passed, you can lower the height of the string to make it more difficult.
Build a beach sandman
Winter has got nothing on us! Help kids build a sandman on the beach and decorate the features with shells or twigs.
Sand and shell art
Collecting seashells is a beach adventure that everyone just loves. So why not add to that by turning the prized possessions into a work of art?
Instead of musical chairs, you can have your kids play musical towels and keep them entertained.
Whether you choose to get a plastic bowling set or just make them out of the sand, beach bowling is an exciting beach game that can keep the whole family busy for a while.
Further reading: Summer: Packing List for Family Day Trips to the Beach