Dating apps have always been considered somewhat of a taboo. In Egypt, dating apps have been labeled and judged and many people think that they are just for hookups. In a country where a girl’s reputation is more important than anything else, being on a dating app was considered a big no! However, over the past few years, we’ve slowly seen a change, and the acceptance of online dating or using dating apps for marriage has started to spread.
The percentage of women in Egypt who currently use dating apps for relationships has increased immensely and you’ll find women’s bios stating that they’re looking for a serious relationship rather than a fling.
So, if you’re new to the dating app scene and would like to know which dating site is best for serious relationships, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s get started with the best dating apps in Egypt in 2022.
Bumble dating app is my personal favorite, especially if you’re looking for a serious relationship. Of course, you can find everything on dating apps, from people looking for hookups, to looking for a friend, or someone genuinely looking for a serious relationship. The best thing about Bumble is that you can clarify this on your profile and it will show to anyone swiping. So, if they’re not on the same page, they won’t swipe right.
Bumble is a great free dating app because it is still somewhat low-key and not as widely used as other dating apps in Egypt. This makes the circle of people on Bumble more likely to be within the same circle, have a good background, and will respect your wishes if you choose to take it slow. As a Bumble app user, here are a few tips to help you get the best results on Bumble:
- Make your intentions clear: If you don’t want to meet someone until you get to know them and feel comfortable do not be pressured into it, but just make it clear.
- Read a person’s profile thoroughly before swiping: Most men will indicate what they’re looking for and so don’t waste your time with someone who has clearly stated they don’t know what they’re looking for. Also, check for more than just looks in their pictures. Their photos will tell you more about their personality, their interests, and whether you can be a good match. Don’t just match with someone because they’re cute, please. Filters on the profile include religion, drinking habits, physical activity, age, height, and what they’re looking for.
- Stalk them on social media first. Be sly and get their social media handles or a name and you do the stalking. Just make sure they’re not married, they really are who they say they are, and be a detective formulating psychoanalysis from their profile. Anyone who doesn’t have a social media profile is likely lying, cheating, or trouble.
- Don’t be too nice. It’s normal to want to be on your best behavior and be super duper nice when speaking to someone for the first time, but it can be easily misinterpreted on dating apps if you don’t draw the line from the beginning. Take it slow and don’t let your guard down until they prove they’re not a psychopath.
- Meet in public places. When you meet someone for the first time, choose a public place that you’re comfortable with, and always inform someone where you’re going. The people I met on Bumble were all normal people that I ended up having lots of common friends with, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. We’ve watched far too many movies that have messed with our heads and taught us to be cautious.
The good news is I know at least 5 people who are in serious relationships after using the Bumble dating app, myself included.
The problem with Tinder is that most single men in Egypt (and some married too) are on Tinder. When the number of users increases, you’re more likely to bump into quite a lot of things you will not be happy with. That is why I personally stay away from Tinder, but that doesn’t mean it’s all bad. Is it possible to find a serious relationship on Tinder? Yes, it is. Will it be easy? No, it won’t. So, it all depends on patience and how strong your filtration process is.
Tips for filtering on Tinder:
- Make it clear you’re looking for a relationship even if that scares them away.
- Avoid people with gym selfies and bathroom selfies. Don’t ask me why, but statistics have proven that they bring trouble.
- Apply the above tips mentioned on Bumble, too.
The is currently not enough research on this dating app in Egypt. But check back shortly as we have a volunteer testing it out and will bring you all the necessary info.
- My Husband Is on Tinder and I Don’t Know What to Do
- Single Mom Struggles: Telling Your Children You Will Remarry
- Marriage Counseling: Check Out These 4 Couples Therapists In Cairo