Table of contents
There’s something about Christmas that demands festivities and joining forces with your children can make decorations a whole lot of fun. Here are some DIY Christmas decoration ideas that are not only easy to make with your children, but will surely add to the festive Christmas-y spirit:
Christmas Card Tree
This is one of the simplest and easiest Christmas decorations that you and your kids can make together without making a huge mess. It’s also a great way to display all the cards you’ve received. You can help your kids by making an outline of a Christmas tree on the wall so they stick the cards inside.
Use blue-tac to stick it easily and have your kids cut out a star or ornaments to hang on top of the tree. If you don’t have enough cards, the kids can make their very own or even just cut out different ornaments and decorate them. It will not only look pretty but it will also be a lot of fun to make.
Beaded Christmas Ornaments
There’s something so exciting about using beads and kids absolutely love it. Combining that with Christmas decorations makes it even more enjoyable.
- Colored beads
- Colored pipe cleaners
To make the ornaments, use the colored pipe cleaners and have your kids insert the beads on to it. Once the beads are in place, it is quite easy to bend the pipe cleaners to make the shapes. You can make candy canes, tree ornaments, or a Christmas tree.
Paper Plate Christmas Trees
To make these super cute Christmas decorations, you’ll need the following materials:
- Paper plate
- Green paint
- Hole puncher
- Brown cardboard
- Sequins or decorations
- Kids will start by painting their paper plates green.
- After it’s completely dry, cut the plate into 3 triangles, with one being a little bit smaller than the rest.
- Spread out six even holes along the bottom of each one using a hole puncher.
- Ask the children to pick out a ribbon and cut a 12 inch part for each paper plate section.
- Insert the ribbon into the holes and tape any extra parts to the back.
- Staple the three sections on top of each other -with the smallest one at the top- to make a Christmas tree shape.
- The kids can decorate the rest of the tree however they want.
Snowman Sock Craft
It’s time to get all those missing socks out and put them to good use with this super easy, creative, and fun Christmas decoration.
You will need:
- 1 white sock
- 1 red sock
- Rubber bands (or thread)
- Colored buttons
- Glue gun
- Markers or paint
- Your child will fill up the sock with rice and tie the top with a rubber band.
- Use another rubber band to divide the sock into two balls, with the top half being quite smaller for the head.
- Using a glue gun, the child should stick three buttons onto the bottom part.
- Then they should draw the eyes and mouth using a black marker.
- Use the orange button to make the nose and stick it with a glue gun.
- Add a ribbon underneath the head as a scarf.
- And use the other colorful sock on the tip of the head as a snowman beanie.