Table of contents
Crispy foods are a heartwarming type of food that brings joy with every bite. While there are numerous amounts of food that are absolutely delicious, we’ve picked a collection of foods that taste so much better when cooked in oil.
Don’t forget to use good quality oil when cooking, such as Afia oil, to ensure that you get the perfect crispiness and flavor. Enjoy these delicacies and tell us which one you liked best:
- 2 tablespoons Afia Sunflower oil
- 1 kg of pealed, raw peanuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups water
- Add Afia oil to pan and roast peanuts over medium heat.
- Place sugar in a pan over a low heat and add water. Stir gently until it dissolves.
- Add lemon juice and then remove pan from heat while continuing to stir until it reaches a golden color.
- Add a small amount of water and continue to stir.
- Then add the roasted peanuts and stir.
- Add Afia Sunflower oil to a baking sheet to prevent it from sticking and place the mixture with a 1 cm thickness.
- Leave to cool and cut into desired size.
- Afia Sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 3 medium-sized zucchinis
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Add cheese, bread crumbs, herbs, parsley, rosemary, and garlic in a ziplock and shake well until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Slice each zucchini into 8 parts.
- Mix milk and egg in a bowl and whip together.
- Place each zucchini into the milk and egg mixture and then dip into the bread crumb mixture.
- Spread Afia oil onto a tray and place the zucchinis over it.
- Insert the tray in the oven and leave to cook for 10 mins.
- Afia Sunflower oil
- 4 cups ice cream
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 2 cups cinnamon toast cereal
- 2 eggs + 1 tablespoon milk, beaten
- Chocolate sauce for serving
- Place plastic wraps inside small bowls, scoop some ice cream into it and wrap the plastic around it.
- Freeze for one hour.
- Add the cornflakes and cinnamon into a food processor and blend until they form crumbs.
- Beat the eggs and milk together well in a bowl.
- Remove the ice cream balls from the freezer and dip each one in the egg mixture then cover with the cereal crumbs until fully covered.
- Place coated ice cream balls back into the freezer for at least an hour.
- Heat Afia oil over medium-high heat and leave until golden brown.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on top before serving.
- 1 tablespoon Afia Sunflower oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove the peels from the bananas and slice.
- Add a pan over medium heat with Afia oil, honey, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the banana slices, and leave for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden and caramelized.
Mac and cheese
- 2 cups Afia Sunflower oil
- 3 cups macaroni and cheese, homemade or store-brought
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1.5 cup bread crumbs
- Place macaroni and cheese into the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Heat Afia oil in a large wok or deep pan at medium-high heat.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, roll macaroni and cheese into balls, forming about 12.
- Dip each ball into eggs, then cover in bread crumbs.
- Add balls to pan and cook until evenly golden and crispy for about 3-4 minutes.
- Afia Sunflower oil
- 8 Mozzarella cheese sticks
- 80 g bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Place the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and black pepper and whisk to combine.
- Place the bread crumbs in a second bowl, and season with 1/8 teaspoon of salt and pepper, oregano and parsley.
- Take each cheese stick and dip it into the egg mixture.
- Then coat in the bread crumbs and repeat by dipping once more through the egg and breadcrumbs for a second layer.
- Place the mozzarella sticks in an airtight container and freeze for two hours.
- Add Afia Sunflower oil over a medium-high heat and cook for about 30-60 seconds until golden brown.
- 1/2 cup Afia Sunflower oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 ripe avocados
- Salt to taste
- Add Afia oil to a pan over medium-high heat.
- Place eggs, bread crumbs, and flour in 3 separate bowls.
- Beat the eggs thoroughly.
- Peel and slice the avocado and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the avocado in flour, then dip in eggs and cover with bread crumbs.
- Add the avocado slices to the pan and leave until golden, brown.
Further reading: 6 Salad Dressings You Can Make in Minutes.