Table of contents
Every mother tends to get anxious when doing things for her newborn for the first time. Changing the baby’s diaper comes on top of her list. Here is an explanatory video that teaches us step by step how to change the nappy for your baby, set up the changing station, and all the supplies you will need.
Setting the diaper changing station:
- Make sure it’s in a safe restrained place.
- Keep all the needed supplies within reach.
- Changing pad
- Changing mat
- Clean diapers
- Cotton squares or circles
- Diaper cream
- Hand sanitizer
- Cleansing water (optional)
- Wash your hands or sanitize them.
- When removing the dirty diaper, use its front to remove the waste, then roll it.
- You can use cleansing water to clean the area if there is no water within your reach.
- Use wet cotton squares or free alcohol wipes to clean the baby’s bottom and private parts. For girls, wipe from front to back to avoid any infection in the genital area.
- Check for signs of redness. If found, use a special diaper rash cream.
- When putting on a new diaper, make sure to fold it down so you don’t cover the umbilical cord of your newborn.
- Motherhood Capsule: How to Prepare Your Newborn’s Diaper Changing Station
- How to Prevent and Treat Your Newborn’s Diaper Rash
- How to Avoid Overnight Diaper Leakage During Winter
Rahet Bally is every mother’s support system, join the biggest community of moms in Egypt, save on your daily motherhood expenses with our Rahet Bally Discount Card, and get back in shape and eat clean with our tailored Rahet Bally’s Motherhood Fitness & Nutrition Program.