Table of contents
Most of us gained some extra kilos during the past year and are working on reviving our summer bodies. However, we all have that one friend who has always been struggling with being underweight. Losing weight is affected by many physical, hormonal, and psychological aspects, even when consuming the needed calories. Below, we’ll discuss some factors that a person has to exclude before following a weight gain diet.
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland): It’s a medical condition that occurs when the thyroid gland produces too much of the thyroxine hormone. This accelerates the body’s metabolism causing weight loss.
- Diabetes: Insufficient insulin prevents the body from getting glucose from the blood into the body’s cells. This makes the body burn fat causing weight loss.
- Anorexia: It’s an eating disorder that makes people very concerned about controlling their weight by vomiting after eating, exercising excessively or even refusing to eat.
While embracing one’s body is the key to happiness, there can be health concerns about being underweight. In this article, we’ll include some tips that can help in gaining weight naturally and healthily.
Eat small, frequent meals
Most slim people don’t have the appetite to eat three big meals a day. It would be better for them to have smaller frequent meals and snacks throughout the day. Make sure to eat every three hours to reach the needed weight you aim for.
Perform strength workouts
Exercise, specifically strength training, works well in building muscles and improving appetite. Strength workouts can be easily done at home without the need for any equipment. You can do some squats, push-ups, walking lunges, planks, and jumping jacks. However, adding weights to your workout can increase muscle and weight gain.
Eat a high-protein diet
If you exercise, it’s important to eat a diet rich in protein to build muscles. Protein is also important to prevent the extra calories consumed from being stored as fat.
Have a bedtime snack
The golden rule of losing weight is not to eat after 7 pm. To gain weight, having a snack before going to bed can really help. Peanut butter, avocados, nuts, and cheese work well as bedtime snacks to add some extra weight.
Treat yourself in a healthy way
Since you’re aiming to gain weight in healthy ways, it’s not recommended to consume large amounts of sugar and fat. You can occasionally have a healthy treat with nutritional value, not just extra calories by opting for granola bars or chocolate milk.
- Ways to Gain Weight Naturally at Home
- 6 Morning Habits that Cause Weight Gain
- Easy Homemade Desserts in Under 2 Minutes
Sources used in this article:
- Unexplained weight loss – Reasons, Symptoms and Causes -Diabetes.co.uk
- Hyperthyroidism – Mayo Clinic
- How can I gain weight safely? – NHS
- Anorexia nervosa – Symptoms and Causes – Mayo Clinic
- Nutrition and healthy eating – Mayo Clinic
- How to gain weight – Healthline
- High Calorie Foods – Clevelend Clinic
Rahet Bally is every mother’s support system, join the biggest community of moms in Egypt, save on your daily motherhood expenses with our Rahet Bally Discount Card, and get back in shape and eat clean with our tailored Rahet Bally’s Motherhood Fitness & Nutrition Program.