Table of contents
Picky eaters can give a mother a real hard time. You can find yourself struggling to try and give your little one the nutrition they need on a daily basis. However, there are many ways you can secretly hide veggies as well as other ingredients into their food and ensure they eat a healthy, nutritious, and balanced meal.
Because kids love pasta and find it easy to eat and digest, it’s a great way to add vegetables into it without them noticing. Especially when you blend the vegetables and add to the sauce and so they don’t fish out the bits.
Here’s a delicious recipe to help you hide veggies in pasta for picky eaters:
- Your choice of Italiano pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 700 g of tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 cup chickpeas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add Italiano pasta to a pot of water over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt and a dash of oil and cook until al dente.
- Chop the onions and garlic, wash and chop the celery, carrots, and zucchini.
- Once they’re ready, you can start getting the pasta cooked while preparing the vegetable pasta sauce.
- Place a pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the chopped onion and cook for 1-2 minutes and then add the chopped garlic for a few seconds.
- After adding the carrots, stir all together and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add salt to the zucchini slices and place them into the pan. Then add the pepper, dried basil, and oregano and mix all together.
- Add the celery and tomato sauce and stir all together.
- Once the vegetables are soft, you can add the chickpeas to warm them up for 1-2 minutes.
- After mixing them all together, add all the ingredients into a blender until it becomes creamy and smooth without vegetable pieces.
- Add to Italiano pasta and serve warm.
Further reading: Why Italiano Pasta Is Every Mom’s Best Friend