You cannot last an entire month of fasting in Ramadan without eating this traditional Egyptian dish for Iftar: Macarona bechamel. But if you’re trying to lose weight in Ramadan, one portion of this heavenly meal can really sabotage your diet.
So, instead of missing out on eating your favorite dishes entirely or compromising on your diet, we’ve got the ultimate solution for you: A law-calorie macarona bechamel recipe.
Low-calorie bechamel sauce recipe:
Most of the calories in a traditional macarona bechamel recipe lie in the chunks of butter and fat added to the bechamel sauce. While those fattening ingredients are the secrets to making it irresistible, you can still make it taste delicious and keep your goal of losing weight in Ramadan.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-skimmed milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Over low-medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil to a pan.
- Add a tbsp of all-purpose flour to the pan and whisk continuously.
- Add 1 cup of semi-skimmed milk to the pan while whisking, then add 1/2 tsp of salt to the mixture.
- Keep stirring until the sauce thickens to the consistency you want.
- 1 pack of penne pasta
- 1 tbsp oil
- Dash of salt
- Rinse and drain the pasta with cold water.
- Fill half a large pot with water, add the olive oil and salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add the pasta and leave it to cook for a few minutes over medium heat.
Groud beef ingredients:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 600 g ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup (5 grams) freshly chopped parsley
- In a pan, sautee the onions with the garlic in olive oil.
- Add the ground beef and stir until brown.
- Add the tomato sauce and parsley and stir for a couple of minutes and set aside.
Assembling the dish:
- Mix half the bechamel sauce in the pasta and stir well. Then add a layer of pasta to the base of the dish.
- Add the ground beef tomato mixture and even it out.
- Add another layer of pasta next and the remaining white bechamel sauce on top.
- Insert into the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- 15 Suhoor Foods to Keep you Energized During Ramadan
- Is it Better to Exercise Before or After Iftar in Ramadan?
- 10 Delicious Ramadan Soup Recipes for Iftar
Rahet Bally is every mother’s support system, join the biggest community of moms in Egypt, save on your daily motherhood expenses with our Rahet Bally Discount Card, and get back in shape and eat clean with our tailored Rahet Bally’s Motherhood Fitness & Nutrition Program.