Acrylic nails save you a lot of trouble of having to take care of your nail polish day in and day out. It’s normal with everyday life to find your nails scratched, the color disappearing, and just looking ugly and odd. However, when using acrylic nails, you get that elegant, beautiful, and girly look minus the hassle. The only problem comes when you need to remove acrylic nails at home.
Most people tend to go to the hairdresser’s to get their acrylic nails removed safely. But, during these times for your safety and health, it is best to take your fake nails off at home. The question is how can you remove your artificial nails without damaging them?
Further reading: 10 Non-Basic Nail Colors to Wear This Winter
In this step-by-step video, you’ll learn how to remove your acrylic nails at home and the tools you need to guarantee you do not ruin your nails.
Method 1: Soaking technique to remove your acrylic nails at home
- Step 1: Trim your acrylic nails to the length of your natural nails
- Step 2: Soak your nails in 100% Acetone for about 10-15 mins
- Step 3: File away the acrylic and then place your hands back into the bowl of 100% acetone
Method 2: Wrapping technique to take your fake nails off at home
- Step 1: Cut the aluminum foil into thin strips
- Step 2: Soak a cotton ball heavily with 100% acetone
- Step 3: Place the cotton ball on top of your nails and wrap the aluminum foil around your finger and press it down without squeezing the acetone out for 15 mins
- Step 4: Remove the foil and file away any of the remaining acrylics gently to avoid damaging the nails
- Step 5: Reapply the cotton ball and foil again and continue step 3 and 4 until all the acrylic nails have been removed safely
- Step 6: Trim away your nails to make sure they’re all the same length
- Step 7: Add a moisturizing scrub to your hands and nails to nourish the natural nails