Table of contents
Acne is one of the most annoying skin problems anyone can get because it affects the outer appearance. For that reason, everyone is always looking for a cure for acne. So, to help you git rid of acne in just four days, here are the best home remedies you can whip up to treat acne at home:
Honey face mask to treat acne
Honey is a natural source to help treat acne fast because of the antioxidants it contains. It helps treat skin conditions by clearing waste and debris from clogged pores removing any excess dirt or impurities from your skin.
- Mix a teaspoon of cinnamon with two tablespoons of natural honey. Manuka honey will guarantee the best results, but it is quite expensive and difficult to find and so, normal honey can be used as a substitute.
- Rinse your face with warm water before applying the mixture to any scars, acne or blemishes in your skin and leave overnight.
- Use a cleanser and continue your morning skin care routine as normal.
- Repeat for 4-7 days and you’ll start to notice exceptional results.
Yogurt face mask to treat acne
A yogurt mask is an easy and highly effective home remedy to treat acne in just four days as it acts as a natural cleanser due to the antibacterial properties it contains. It also contains probiotics which is a natural ingredient used to help reduce acne.
- Mix two tablespoons of plain low fat yogurt with a handful of oatmeal and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours to allow the oatmeal to absorb the yogurt.
- Apply a thin layer of the paste to the face, focusing on any blemishes that appear and leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat on a regular basis.
Tea tree oil to treat acne
Tea tree oil is an essential natural ingredient found in facial washes and cleansers due to its natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties. That’s why using tea tree oil at home will allow you to use larger amounts making it more effective.
- Add one drop of tea tree oil to twelve drops of any carrier oil such as olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil to dilute it. Or you can dilute it with one-part tea tree oil to 9 parts water.
- Dab the mixture onto your problem areas and leave to dry.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Repeat 1-2 times per day
Green tea to treat acne
If you’re looking to treat acne in just four days, you can use green tea as a natural remedy to make at home. Because it consists of flavonoids and tannins, green tea helps fight inflammation and bacteria that causes pimples and acne.
- Leave green tea in boiling water for around 3-4 minutes
- Let the tea cool down and then apply it to your face using a cotton pad or a spray bottle.
- Leave for 10 minutes or overnight and then rinse with warm water.
- Apply 1-2 times per day.
Coconut oil to treat acne
Coconut oil Is an excellent natural remedy to help reduce acne due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It helps reduce inflammation, redness and swelling as well as kill the bacteria that causes acne.
- Directly dab some coconut oil onto your infected areas and leave to dry.
- Keep overnight for best results and rinse with warm water.
- Best Homemade Natural Skincare Routine For Summer
- 7 Natural Anti-Aging Remedies for Your Skin
- Top 10 Face Sunscreens for Every Skin Type
Sources used in this article:
- Natural remedies to get rid of acne – Lifehacks
- 8 benefits and uses of Witch Hazel – Healthline
- 4 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Pimples- Healthline
- Tips to save money on cosmetics – Moneycrashers