Table of contents
When you’re pregnant, every week is different, especially if it’s your first pregnancy. At 9 Weeks Pregnant, you’ll still be experiencing the early pregnancy symptoms, but there’s a lot more to know during this time. Here’s what to expect during your 9th week:
9 Weeks pregnant symptoms
After being pregnant for more than 8 weeks, most moms-to-be start feeling the symptoms and adjust to them becoming part of their daily routine. Your 9-weeks pregnancy symptoms will probably include the following:
- Morning sickness
- Tender breasts
- Food cravings and being put off by other foods you usually eat
- A white milky vaginal discharge
- Thicker and shinier hair
- Brown or dark skinned patches
- Abdominal cramping similar to period pain
- Heightened sense of smell
9-weeks pregnancy belly
At 9 weeks pregnant, your belly will still not start to show, but you could seem as if you’re always bloated and feel your waistline thickening. At 9-weeks pregnant, your baby is the size of an olive and is about 3-4 inches long.
During this phase, most of the major organs have already started to develop and will continue to develop. The elbows are starting to grow, the toes are starting to form on the feet, and the eyelids and ears continue to form.
While it’s still too soon to feel any kicks or motion, at 9-weeks pregnant, your baby is starting to become more active.
9-weeks pregnancy checklist
By now, you’ve probably already visited your OB or gyno, but if you haven’t, now is the time. Otherwise, here’s your checklist for a 9-weeks pregnancy.
- Add foods that contain calcium to your diet for both you and your baby.
- Start exercising if you haven’t already. Your goal is to reach 150 minutes of exercise per week.
- Take prenatal vitamins. Make sure you’re getting at least 400 mg of folic acid until your 12th week.
- Quit smoking and avoid being in smokey areas.
- Symptoms and Earliest Signs of Being Pregnant with Twins
- Top 10 Pregnancy Pillows for a Good Night’s Sleep
- Top 10 Stretch Mark Creams For Pregnancy
Sources used in this article:
Rahet Bally is every mother’s support system, join the biggest community of moms in Egypt, save on your daily motherhood expenses with our Rahet Bally Discount Card, and get back in shape and eat clean with our tailored Rahet Bally’s Motherhood Fitness & Nutrition Program.