Table of contents
Congratulations! This is your last week in your first trimester! The first trimester of your pregnancy isn’t always easy, especially if you’ve been suffering from morning sickness as one of your pregnancy symptoms. However, in most cases, the morning sickness starts to wear off during the second trimester. Since you’re starting a new trimester, here’s what to expect in your 12th week.
12 weeks pregnancy symptoms
As you start a new trimester, many of the early pregnancy symptoms can start wearing off. However, there is still a chance you could feel some of the previous symptoms you experienced in the first 12 weeks. In your 12th week, expect to feel some of the below pregnancy symptoms:
- Weight gain
- Skin blemishes
- Darker areolas around the nipple
- Tender or sore breasts
12 weeks pregnant belly
Even though you’ve started to put on some weight, your baby bump still looks like you’re bloated. However, at 12 weeks pregnant, your baby is continuing to develop. Your baby is now the size of a plum, weighs almost 18g, and is around 5.4 cm. At 12 weeks pregnant, your baby looks like a tiny human with its organs, muscles, and features in the right place.
If you’re planning on having an ultrasound, you’ll be able to pick up your baby’s heartbeat. Even though the sex organs have already developed, most scans will not be able to determine the gender of the baby just yet.
12 weeks pregnancy checklist:
- Continue to take your prenatal vitamins
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Exercise regularly at least 3 times a week by doing a low-impact workout
- Schedule an ultrasound to check the baby’s heart rate
- Pregnancy Week By Week: Week 1 to 9
- Benefits of Kegel Exercise During Pregnancy
- Symptoms and Earliest Signs of Being Pregnant with Twins
Sources used in this article:
- 12 Weeks Pregnant – NHS
- 12 weeks pregnant – Pampers
- 12 weeks pregnant: symptoms, tips and more – Healthline
Rahet Bally is every mother’s support system, join the biggest community of moms in Egypt, save on your daily motherhood expenses with our Rahet Bally Discount Card, and get back in shape and eat clean with our tailored Rahet Bally’s Motherhood Fitness & Nutrition Program.