During the 7th week of your pregnancy, you’re likely to know you’re pregnant and already feeling a roller coaster of emotions, changes and hormones. Here’s what to expect at 7 weeks pregnant:
7-weeks pregnant symptoms
During the first trimester, early pregnancy symptoms differ from person to person. However, at 7th week of pregnancy, most pregnant women are likely to feel some or all of the below symptoms:
- Nausea, vomiting and morning sickness
- Change in weight
- Excess saliva
- Food cravings
- Heartburn and digestion problems
- Frequent urination
- Pelvic cramps
- Sore breasts
7-weeks pregnancy belly
At 7-weeks pregnant, it can still be difficult to identify any change in your belly or any signs that you’re pregnant. However, you will start to feel the changes in your body. While your 7-weeks pregnant belly still looks the same, your baby is now the size of a blueberry.
During your 7th week of pregnancy, your baby will continue to grow and develop as the limb buds develop into hands and feet. Other organs and body parts are also forming such as the baby’s heart, lungs, intestines, appendix, brain, spinal cord, mouth, nostrils and eyes. Can you imagine that your baby is generating around one hundred new brains cells per minute?
Pregnancy checklist at 7 weeks pregnant
At 7-weeks pregnant, it’s important to take care of your health and well-being. Here is a 7-weeks pregnant checklist to follow:
- Make an appointment with your gynaecologist if you haven’t already.
- Take your prenatal vitamins.
- Ensure you’re getting 400 mg of folic acid.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet.
- Start exercising at least 3 times a week.
- Reduce your caffeine intake to 2 cups per day.
- Stop smoking.
- The Good and Bad Sides of Pregnancy’s First Trimester
- 6 Things to Avoid While Trying to Get Pregnant
- Top 10 Stretch Mark Creams For Pregnancy
Sources used in this article:
- Week by week guide to pregnancy – NHS
- 7 Weeks pregnant: Symptoms, tips and more – Healthline
- Your Pregnancy at 7 weeks – Medical News Today
- Your Pregnancy Week By Week – Web MD
Rahet Bally is every mother’s support system, join the biggest community of moms in Egypt, save on your daily motherhood expenses with our Rahet Bally Discount Card, and get back in shape and eat clean with our tailored Rahet Bally’s Motherhood Fitness & Nutrition Program.