If you’re pregnant and about to go into labor, you probably have a list of questions and worries about breastfeeding. Most mothers tend to be are afraid of breastfeeding, the pain it could cause, the problems that come with it as well as the fear of not being able to breastfeed in the first place. However, there are a few things you can do before you give birth to help get your body ready for the breastfeeding experience.
In the below video, Dr. Iman Ali provides important tips on how to prepare for breastfeeding before delivery.
Benefits of breastfeeding for mothers
- Helps mothers lose pregnancy weight
- Creates a bond between mother and child
- Aids uterus in shrinking back to its pre-pregnancy size
- Decreases the risk of bleeding after delivery
How to prepare for breastfeeding before labor
Starting the end of the 8th month of pregnancy until delivery, you should start preparing your nipples for breastfeeding. Dr. Iman provides a few pre-delivery breastfeeding tips in the video above:
- Nipple massage
- Apple nipple cream to prevent cracks and pain
Breastfeeding tips after delivery
- Continue using nipple creams and performing nipple massages.
- Use breast pads to avoid milk leakage accidents.
Check the video above for more details about the importance of the above tips as well as which products to use to moisturize and massage the nipples.
- Safety Tips For Breastfeeding When You Have Coronavirus
- Top 10 Nipple Creams for Breastfeeding Moms
- Top 10 Nursing Bra Brands
Rahet Bally is every mother’s support system, join the biggest community of moms in Egypt, save on your daily motherhood expenses with our Rahet Bally Discount Card, and get back in shape and eat clean with our tailored Rahet Bally’s Motherhood Fitness & Nutrition Program.