I have always suffered from facial dark spots especially after long exposure to the sunlight. I have combination skin type and dark spots due to teenage acne. Through endless research, I found out that this is a common condition called hyperpigmentation that happens due to the overproduction of melanin. Melanin is a brown pigment that is responsible for skin coloration and protection against the harmful effects of UV light.
It will never be easy to commit to a skincare routine with a bunch of products especially for moms with endless to-do lists. That’s why I seek products that have multiple benefits like Uriage Depiderm White Serum and Depiderm SPF 50. They are must-haves for your daily skincare routine to avoid and prevent dark spots. Let me first take you through the common causes of dark spots.
Causes of hyperpigmentation
- Exposure to UV rays: This is a major problem for me as I have fair skin. It’s the main cause of hyperpigmentation because the more UV exposure your skin gets, the more saturation with melanin it will get. The dark spots develop over time due to continuous sun exposure and appear on frequently-exposed areas like the face and hands.
- Pregnancy: It happens due to hormonal changes and mostly appears on the upper lip, forehead, and stomach. It’s also known as Melasma or pregnancy mask.
- Skin inflammation: Some skin areas might darken after inflammation caused by acne, eczema, or injury.
- Hormonal changes: Due to menstrual cycle or contraceptive pills.
Why Uriage Depiderm White Serum and Depiderm SPF?
These products are the only thing you need for extreme sun protection and the recommended dose of vitamin C for the skin that will prevent dark spots.
Vitamin C is not just about boosting immunity
Vitamin C prevents enzymatic processes that produce melanin, thus helps in reducing skin coloration; however, it lightens the pigmented areas only. Depiderm White Serum is a radiance-boosting serum. The formula is concentrated with stabilized vitamin C. The serum can be used with sensitive, dry, normal, or combination skin.
The problem with most serums is that it has the tendency to make your face appear oily. This is why Depiderm White Serum’s light non-greasy texture is perfect for me. In addition to lightening the dark spots, it moisturizes my skin and makes it look radiant. Let’s admit it, wrinkles are coming. This magical serum protects the skin from free radicals that cause damage to the skin leading to wrinkles. I use it in the morning and at night after the regular cleansing and toning.
Never violate your sun protection routine
This is rule number one if you want to get rid of dark spots since sunlight exposure is a major cause of hyperpigmentation. You should follow a strict routine as follows:
- Use sunscreen daily. Make sure you keep it in your bag to reapply every two hours if you’re exposed to the sun or have sweaty skin.
- Never use sunscreen less than SPF 30.
- Try to avoid sun exposure between 10 am to 2 pm.
We always fall into the trap of using protection products on sunny days only. You need to protect your skin from UV rays during any sunlight exposure because this is what damages the skin. Depiderm SPF 50 is octocrylene-free with an anti-UVA and anti-UVB filtering complex.
If you’re planning to make any treatment like laser or peeling, Depiderm SPF 50 will work well for protection. Make sure to apply a sufficient amount on the face, neck, and hands before getting exposed to the sun. Repeat frequently.
Tell us about your favorite skin products and we’ll give them a try.
Rahet Bally is every mother’s support system, join the biggest community of moms in Egypt, save on your daily motherhood expenses with our Rahet Bally Discount Card, and get back in shape and eat clean with our tailored Rahet Bally’s Motherhood Fitness & Nutrition Program.
- When should I start using anti-aging products?
- How to prevent neck wrinkles
- 5 super easy homemade masks for glowing skin