Table of contents
In 2020, Adele shocked us all with her incredible transformation and that was the first time we heard of the Sirtfood diet. After seeing Adele’s weight loss, there are a million questions everyone is asking about the Sirtfood diet. Today, we’re here to help you understand what the sirtfood diet is, if it’s effective, and how you can achieve similar results to Adele’s weight loss transformation.
What is the Sirtfood diet?
Sirtuins (SIRTs) are a group of seven proteins that manage to regulate certain functions, one of which is metabolism.
By eating a certain diet that is based on natural plant compounds, you can boost the level of these proteins in the body. These foods are also known as “sirtfoods.’
What foods are considered the top sirtfoods?
- Dark chocolate
- Matcha green tea
- Rocket leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine
Sirtfood diet phases – Phase 1:
During the first phase, the goal is to follow an eating plan that works on heavily restricting your calorie intake.
Day 1-3 of the SirtFood diet:
- Eat one sirtfood-rich meal
- Drink three green shakes
- Consume only 1,000 calories per day.
Day 4-7 of the SirtFood diet:
- Eat two sirtfood-rich meals
- Drink two shakes per day
- Consume 1,500 calories per day.
Unlike the previous phase, this phase lasts for 2 weeks. In this phase, a person is required to:
- Eat three sirtfood-rich meals a day
- Consume one green shake
Does the SirtFood diet really work?
While some people such as Adele have seen miraculous results with the sirtfood diet, there is no evidence or scientific research done to show its effectiveness.
However, according to the SirtFood diet website, following this diet will help you achieve the following:
- Lose up to 3 kg in 7 days
- Retain muscle mass
- Reduce the risk of chronic disease
- Improve memory
- Provide anti-aging benefits
- Help maintain adequate blood sugar levels
Sirtfood diet recipes:
- Top 10 Places That Sell Healthy Meals in Cairo
- Rahet Bally Fit Mama: The Best Weight Loss Program For Moms
- Weight loss After 30: Coach Zeina Kassas Tells Us All About It
Sources used in this article:
- The Sirtfood Diet: A Detailed Beginner’s Guide – Healthline
- Does the Sirtfood Diet Work? – Medical News Today
- Metabolic and neuropsychiatric effects of calorie restriction and sirtuins – PubMed
Rahet Bally is every mother’s support system, join the biggest community of moms in Egypt, save on your daily motherhood expenses with our Rahet Bally Discount Card, and get back in shape and eat clean with our tailored Rahet Bally’s Motherhood Fitness & Nutrition Program.