Cooking is an activity that most children love. It’s rewarding when they see the outcome and it gives them a sense of responsibility. We are all extremely tired during the lockdown and overwhelmed from trying to find engaging activities for our little ones.
How about an activity that will occupy your child and get lunch served at the same time? It’s an easy microwavable Italiano mac and cheese recipe. This is a perfect activity and meal for your child with the least possible hassle and these are the reasons.
- All kids love pasta by default.
- No extra cost. All ingredients are basic and found in every kitchen.
- It’s extremely easy and quick, even a four-year-old kid can participate.
- You will clean only one pot.
- It’s prepared in the microwave, so you will avoid the hot oven.
- 1/2 cup Italiano elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Splash of milk
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (mozzarella and cheddar)
- Get a microwaveable cup or pot and ask your child to put the pasta in it, then pour the water.
- Explain to your child how to use and adjust the microwave. Then ask them to microwave the pot for 2-3 minutes.
- Let your child add milk, sprinkle the cheese, salt, and pepper, then microwave it for an extra 30 seconds.
It would be nice to take some pictures of the pot after you finish and share it with your family on the chat group. Ask your child to explain in a voice note how you made the recipe together. Listening to their positive comments would help them feel praised and motivated. It’s a good way to encourage children to interact with relatives and find confidence during this difficult time.
Further reading: 5 Italiano Pasta Salad Recipes That Are Perfect for Spring.
Do you have a comment on this article? Share with us here
Comment With Facebook