With Halloween just around the corner, it’s the perfect chance to bond with your little ones and actually do something exciting, fun, and creative together for a change. Because family moments are the memories that will last forever, it’s important to make the most of it and make every second count. So, forget about the boring chores and get ready to spend some quality time with your kids making the perfect Halloween trick or treat candies.
As you make these OREO-themed Halloween candies, you’ll stay playful with your kids, break the routine, and ensure that you all have a lot of fun as you get ready for the spookiest day of the year.
Halloween bat OREOs
These Halloween bat OREOs aren’t just delicious, but also super cute. They’re festive and only take about 10 mins for you and your kids to make together.
- Have your child split an OREO in half and break it apart. You’ll have four pieces that will be used for the bat wings.
- Using a Cadbury coated OREO as the body, take two of the bat wings and insert them in the middle, cream filling part of the OREO.
- Add the candy eyes, or make them using whipped cream and chocolate chips, and voila!
Halloween pumpkin OREOs
Your kids will have so much fun making these spooky-looking pumpkins. They’ll need to:
- Melt a bar of white chocolate and add orange food coloring to it.
- Dip an OREO in the orange chocolate until it’s completely covered and place on a baking sheet.
- Add eye candies and black frosting for the mouth.
- Add white sprinkles on the mouth and make it even more monster-y looking by adding a green skittle.
Halloween witch’s hat OREO
Making a witch’s hat is easy for your kids to create and a whole lot of fun. They can easily follow these steps for each hat:
- Melt a pack of chocolate and use a cone to make a pointed hat on top of one OREO.
- Surround your hat with a thin layer of orange fondant.
- Add a yellow candy or a piece of yellow fondant and you’ve got the easiest, coolest witch’s hats.
Halloween-themed OREO pops
There’s something about cookie pops or candy on a stick that makes it a lot more treat-worthy. So, to make your quality time with your kids memorable, you can make these Halloween treats together.
- Add a skewer in the cream filling part of the OREO and press gently to ensure it stays.
- To make the ghost OREO pops, use a batch of Cadbury coated OREOs, melt a bar of white chocolate and use a toothpick to spread the white chocolate into the shape of a ghost.
- Using melted milk chocolate or chocolate chips, add the eyes and the nose.
- To make the spider webs, follow the same process, but draw out a spider web using a toothpick.
Frankenstein OREO pops
Frankenstein pops will definitely be a killer success with your kids. Following the same process, you can easily get the green dip color using melted chocolate and food coloring. Then you can have your children decorate the rest using green sprinkles, black fondant, or melted chocolate for the mouth and candy eyes. Don’t forget the pretzels for the ears and you’ve got some super cool Frankenstein pops.
Skeleton OREO cake pop
With these skeleton pops, you’ll only need to melt some white chocolate and dark chocolate. Dip the OREO in the white chocolate; using a toothpick, draw on the eyes and mouth with the dark chocolate dip. Isn’t that just a piece of cake, or shall we say a piece of OREO, in this case?
Monster OREO cake pop
Another Halloween pop that will add color and festivity to your collection are monster one-eyed pops. You can make them in any color using melted white chocolate dip with food coloring and dipping the OREO until it’s fully coated. Add some sprinkles and candy eyes and you’ve got a colorful collection ready to add to your spooky Halloween treats.
Ghost OREO truffles
It’s not Halloween without a ghost somewhere and these ghost truffles are the perfect treat. To make the truffle base you can have your kids enjoy a playful time in the following process:
- Place the OREOs in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Add the crushed OREOs to a large bowl and combine with softened cream cheese.
- Have your children scoop them up into little balls and roll them out evenly.
- Melt white chocolate and pour unevenly over each ball to get a ghost-like effect.
- Add two chocolate chips for the eyes and refrigerate.
OREO eyeball truffles
OREO truffles are a favorite for both adults and kids alike, but when you’re making them into zombie eyeballs, there’s a different level of excitement. It’s a perfect recipe to bond with your kids and get creative.
Let them follow the instructions mentioned above for making truffles and then cover the balls in melted white chocolate and leave to set. Once it’s hardened, you can add some strawberry jam, a smaller ball of white fondant topped with a smaller black circular fondant for the pupil. Have your children stay playful and enjoy making the eye bloody by distributing the jam with a toothpick.
Halloween Spider OREO cookies
These spider OREOs can be done in literally 2 minutes. You’ll need a pack of OREOs, a pack of pretzel sticks, and candy eyes.
Split the pretzel sticks in 4 quarters and add 4 to each side of your OREO by sticking them into the cream filling. Add the candy eyes on top and your creepy crawlies will be ready to be gobbled up.