Diaper cream is an essential item in your baby care products’ checklist. Diaper rash is common among babies and newborns due to the continuous irritation caused by wearing diapers 24/7. Diaper cream creates a barrier to protect the skin from urine and stool. It should be used at every nappy change, not just when you start to notice signs of rash in the diaper area.
Once you notice any sign of a rash, switch immediately to a diaper rash cream that is capable of treatment, not only prevention. If the rash lasts for more than three days, consult your baby’s pediatrician. This is everything you need to know about diaper changing and the top 10 brands to use for your little one.
Causes of a diaper rash:
- Introducing solids
- Fragrances, dyes, and chemicals in diapers and wipes
- Tight diapers
- Skin conditions like atopic dermatitis or eczema
How to prevent diaper rash?
- Change your baby’s diaper every two to three hours and immediately after each poop.
- Always rinse with water, instead of using wipes, whenever accessible.
- During change time, leave your baby diaper-free for a few minutes to leave room for breathing.
- Never skip the diaper cream at each diaper change.
- Make sure the area is totally dry before you close the diaper. Pat dry, don’t rub.
Things to consider when choosing a diaper cream:
- Includes zinc oxide. It’s an essential ingredient in a diaper cream as it’s insoluble in water and acts as a great barrier to moisture.
- Includes lanolin as it’s a moisturizer that creates a barrier over the skin to help prevent rashes.
- Includes aloe vera. It’s an addition to the diaper cream. It soothes and revive inflamed skin.
- Free of paraffin, paraben, sulphate, and silicone.
- Free of fragrances and dyes.
Top 10 diaper creams:
- Sanosan Panthenol Ointment Diaper Rash
- Sanosan Ointment Diaper Rash
- Zinc Olive
- White Cream No Rash
- Sebamed Diaper Rash Cream
- Milo Diaper Rash Cream
- Bepanthen Protective Baby Ointment
- Mustela Vitamin Barrier Cream
Sanosan Panthenol Ointment Diaper Rash
Sanosan Ointment Diaper Rash
White Cream No Rash
Sebamed Diaper Rash Cream
Milo Diaper Rash Cream
Bepanthen Protective Baby Ointment
Mustela Vitamin Barrier Cream
- How to Prevent and Treat Your Newborn’s Diaper Rash
- Video: How to Change Your Newborn’s Diaper
- Motherhood Capsule: How to Prepare Your Newborn’s Diaper Changing Station
Rahet Bally is every mother’s support system, join the biggest community of moms in Egypt, save on your daily motherhood expenses with our Rahet Bally Discount Card, and get back in shape and eat clean with our tailored Rahet Bally’s Motherhood Fitness & Nutrition Program.