Baby bottles are one of the most important must-haves on a pregnant mom’s shopping list. Baby bottles are essential for formula-fed babies. A breastfeeding mother might also need baby bottles if she gives her baby pumped breast milk.
New moms are always confused when coming across the many options of baby bottles at stores. They don’t know whether to buy plastic baby bottles or follow the old school and get glass ones.
This article will help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of both types and shop for top baby bottles in Egypt based on your needs.
Most of the listed bottles are anti-colic which is a common problem during the first three months. The bottle nipples give the natural feeling of suckling if your baby is breastfeeding and you want to avoid nipple confusion.
Factors to consider when choosing a bottle:
- If you will go for plastic bottles, choose BPA-free ones.
- If you will use the bottles for pumping, buy the same brand as that of your breast pump to be easier in usage.
- Choose wide neck bottles for easy cleaning.
- To avoid colic, opt for angled neck bottles.
- To protect a glass bottle, buy a sleeve.
- Can be held by your toddler.
- Shape deformation if subjected to high temperature
- Prone to scratching (which is a room for bacteria)
- Free of toxic chemicals
- Easily cleaned
- Don’t absorb color or odor
- Withstand high temperature if you want to sanitize manually by boiling
- Heavies than plastic bottles
- Risk of breakage
- Less available options in the market
Baby bottle teats: rubber latex vs silicone
Rubber latex teats:
- Give the feeling of natural suckling
- Flexible and soft on the baby’s mouth
- Have strong rubbery smell when used for the first time
- Retain odor and taste
- Should be changed frequently
- Might be damaged if exposed to direct sunlight
- Some babies are allergic to latex
- Resistant to sterilizing
- Transparent (easier to check their cleanliness)
- Less prone to bacterial infections
Top baby bottles:
- Philips Avent Natural
- Philips Avent Natural: Glass
- Dr. Brown’s Options+ Anti-Colic
- Nuk Nature Sense
- Nuk Nature Sense: Glass
- Lansinoh Natural Wave
- Chicco Natural Feeling
- Chicco Natural Feeling: Glass
- Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature
- Lovi Self Sterilization
- Lovi Pure Glass
- Medela Calma
Philips Avent Natural
Philips Avent Natural: Glass
Dr. Brown’s Options + Anti-Colic
Nuk Nature Sense
Nuk Nature Sense: Glass
Lansinoh Natural Wave
Chicco Natural Feeling
Chicco Natural Feeling: Glass
Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature
Lovi Self Sterilization
Lovi Pure Glass
Further reading: Beginners Guide and Prices of Breast Pumps in Egypt