Baby bottles are one of the most important must-haves on a pregnant mom’s shopping list. Baby bottles are essential for formula-fed babies. A breastfeeding mother might also need baby bottles if she gives her baby pumped breast milk.
New moms are always confused when coming across the many options of baby bottles at stores. They don’t know whether to buy plastic baby bottles or follow the old school and get glass ones.
This article will help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of both types and shop for top baby bottles in Egypt based on your needs.
Most of the listed bottles are anti-colic which is a common problem during the first three months. The bottle nipples give the natural feeling of suckling if your baby is breastfeeding and you want to avoid nipple confusion.
Factors to consider when choosing a bottle:
- If you will go for plastic bottles, choose BPA-free ones.
- If you will use the bottles for pumping, buy the same brand as that of your breast pump to be easier in usage.
- Choose wide neck bottles for easy cleaning.
- To avoid colic, opt for angled neck bottles.
- To protect a glass bottle, buy a sleeve.
- Can be held by your toddler.
- Shape deformation if subjected to high temperature
- Prone to scratching (which is a room for bacteria)
- Free of toxic chemicals
- Easily cleaned
- Don’t absorb color or odor
- Withstand high temperature if you want to sanitize manually by boiling
- Heavies than plastic bottles
- Risk of breakage
- Less available options in the market
Baby bottle teats: rubber latex vs silicone
Rubber latex teats:
- Give the feeling of natural suckling
- Flexible and soft on the baby’s mouth
- Have strong rubbery smell when used for the first time
- Retain odor and taste
- Should be changed frequently
- Might be damaged if exposed to direct sunlight
- Some babies are allergic to latex
- Resistant to sterilizing
- Transparent (easier to check their cleanliness)
- Less prone to bacterial infections
Top baby bottles:
- Philips Avent Natural
- Philips Avent Natural: Glass
- Dr. Brown’s Options+ Anti-Colic
- Nuk Nature Sense
- Nuk Nature Sense: Glass
- Lansinoh Natural Wave
- Chicco Natural Feeling
- Chicco Natural Feeling: Glass
- Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature
- Lovi Self Sterilization
- Lovi Pure Glass
- Medela Calma
Philips Avent Natural
Philips Avent natural baby bottle is easy to hold with unique petals for a soft, flexible teat without collapse and made of silicone to create a more comfortable experience for your little one!
Philips Avent Natural: Glass
Dr. Brown’s Options + Anti-Colic
Designed by a doctorNow the most recommended by pediatricians.It's the only fully vented baby bottle.Clinically proven to reduce colic, Decreases spit-up, burping, and gasShown to better preserve nutrients in breast milk and formula, Aids in digestion for a good night’s sleep.Offers a flow rate that supports breastfeeding.BPA free, dishwasher (top rack) and sterilizer safe…مصممة من قبل طبيب الآن الببرونة رقم واحد التى ينصح بها اطباء الاطفالالوحيدة ذات نظام تهوية داخلى كُلي و ليس جزئي مثبت طبيا قدرتها على تقليل المغص و القئ و القشط و التجشؤ و الغازات تحفظ المواد الغذائية في الحليب مع هضم افضل لنوم مريح لطفلكمعدل تدفق مناسب لكل طفل و يدعم الرضاعة الطبيعية خالية من BPA و يوم تنظيفها في غسالة الاطباق و تعقيمها بامان
Posted by Dr Brown's Egypt on Wednesday, July 29, 2020
Nuk Nature Sense
Here are some features of our nature sense bottles with its wide teat🍼.#Life_easier_with_NUK
Nuk Nature Sense: Glass
Lansinoh Natural Wave
Chicco Natural Feeling
With the Natural Feeling bottle it’s even easier to switch between breastfeeding and bottle feeding.Accepted by 96% of…
Chicco Natural Feeling: Glass
Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature
Lovi Self Sterilization
Lovi Pure Glass
Calma’s flow, shape and length are designed to suit your baby's needs as your baby grows.Calma teats help the baby to…
Further reading: Beginners Guide and Prices of Breast Pumps in Egypt